1. We are continuing the journey of establishing God’s Word in our hearts with our November Scriptures! This month’s scriptures are: Joshua 1:8, Psalms 35:28, Psalms19:14, and Psalms 34:1. Just go to vccenter.net and click on the verse of the month image on our homepage.
2. VCC Corporate Prayer Ministry List (from Special Corporate Prayer) is now available at the Courtesy Booth for interested members. You can also have the list emailed to you by emailing the church office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
3. The Wordshop will be closed during the daytime hours starting TOMORROW through Friday November 24th. Normal hours from 9-4:45 will resume on MONDAY NOVEMBER 27th.
4. Wednesday Café will be CLOSED ON THIS WEDNESDAY (November 22nd)
5. VCC CHURCH OFFICES WILL BE CLOSED ON THIS THURSDAY AND FRIDAY (IN OBSERVANCE OF THANKSGIVING).
6. Fun Night is CANCELLED FOR THIS FRIDAY (Nov. 24th).
7. Saturday Morning Corporate Prayer IS CANCELLED FOR THIS SATURDAY (NOV. 25th).
8. The Premiers will have their monthly meeting TODAY IMMEDIATELY AFTER SERVICE IN THE MEETING ROOM OF THE DOME.
9. Are you born again and want to obey your Lord and Savior in Water Baptism? In doing so you identify with His death, burial, and resurrection to eternal life. Water Baptism will be held TODAY, November 19th at 5:30PM in the Victory Youth Building. Please stop by the Courtesy Booth to sign up and receive an important information sheet.
10. Attention parents: Litter Patrol participants are asked to will have an important meeting on TODAY at 6pm in the Victory Youth Building.
11. Baby Dedication will be held NEXT SUNDAY NOVEMBER 26th during morning service (start time is 10:00am) Parents who are interested in participating please call (704)-602-6010. All interested participants must be members of VCC. Parents please register children for baby dedication by the MONDAY (November 20th) prior to the dedication.
12. Kings Fans, it's that time again! Get ready for the 2017 Millenium Financial Group Basketball Invitational hosted by VCCS Alumni & Friends. You don't wanna miss this! This time, you get triple the fun with not two but three days of competitive, action-packed basketball. We've got some new and exciting entertainment for you and as always good fellowship!!!! Save the date (Dec.7th-9th) and stay tuned for more information!
13. Vendors take advantage of this opportunity to promote your business during the MFG Invitational! Get Maximum exposure for your business at the low cost of just $35! This price includes advertisements for all three days in the Media Guide, and audio mentions by the game’s emcee. Sign up your business today at www.vccsalumniandfriends.org!
14. Reminder- All POP hangouts and group meetings are cancelled for the remainder of the year. New events will resume in 2018.
15. Pastor and Mrs. Gool will be ministering in South Africa on March 8 – 12, 2018. Those interested in joining them on this trip, please sign up at the Courtesy Booth.
ONGOING ANNOUNCEMENTS (UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED)
16. We are looking for additional volunteer drivers for our travel bus. All interested drivers must be members of VCC, have a valid CDL license and a DOT medical card. If interested, please sign up at the Courtesy Booth or call the Church Office.
17. The Special Christmas choir will have practice Fridays from 7:30-8:30pm in the Victory Youth Building Music Room.
18. Registration for the spring semester is now in progress at More Than Conquerors College at 9335 Nations Ford Road in Charlotte, NC. New offering this spring is Revivalist & Pioneers of Faith. We are also offering two-day sessions for the following classes: Battle for your mind, Missions & Outreach, and Goal Setting. For further information or to register for classes, go to morethanconquerorscollege.org, or call (704) 679-9122.
19. The Missions Department is in need of food items for the Thanksgiving give-away. Items Needed include: Turkey, Ham, Whole Chicken, Breakfast Cereal, Cornbread Mix Stuffing, Rice, Cranberry Sauce, Yams, Macaroni and Cheese, Cream Soup, or Broth, Cake Mix, Frosting, and Pinto Beans. If you would like to donate please drop off items at the Missions office Monday –Friday (7200 Old Pineville Rd.) or at the Food and Clothing Room before and after services.
20. If you are in need of a Thanksgiving food box please sign-up at the Courtesy Booth (open to members and non-members).
21. The Missions Department’s Economic Empowerment Team is looking for volunteers with experience in employment training, developing people skills, and Human Resources. If interested in serving on this team that will help people both in our church family and in the community, please sign up at the Courtesy Booth.
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES – VCC / OUTSIDE VENDOR
22. The Church in the City Women’s Shelter is now hiring for the following part-time position: - 1 Overnight Shift Chaperone (10 PM - 6 AM, 2 - 3 nights/wk) Interested female candidates must be members of VCC. Please sign up at the Courtesy Booth after service today.
23. Men and Women are needed for the Saturday clean-Up Crew. These positions are part-time, paid positions. Applicants will be required to work 3 – 4 hours every other Saturday. If interested, please sign up at the Courtesy Booth.
24. VCC is looking to hire two full time maintenance technicians. Skilled candidates are asked to have experience in electrical work or possess a high level painting and carpentry skills. If interested, email your resume to email@example.com, or bring it by the church office during normal business hours.
25. Those interested in being a part of a new organization – ‘GIG’ (Getting Involved in Government) are asked to sign up at the Courtesy Booth.
26. If your sons or daughters between the ages of 5-18 are interested in playing for the VCC Church Youth Basketball League, please sign up your child (children) at the Courtesy Booth.
27. Children’s Choir rehearsals are every 2nd and 4th Saturday each month at 1:30pm. The children’s choir is requesting the parents of current participants update their contact information. Please leave your updated information at the Courtesy Booth.
28. The Nursery Ministry is in need of help in the following areas: Lead Teachers, Registrars and Youth Workers. Adult workers must be available to work 1 Wednesday night, 1 Sunday morning and 1 Sunday night per month. Youth workers must be regular Bible class attendees. If interested, please sign up at the Courtesy Booth.
29. VCC’s Youth Fun Night is in need of additional chaperones. We are looking for individuals who enjoy ministering to children/adolescents and who are able to commit to ONE FRIDAY NIGHT PER MONTH. Interested individuals should apply at the Courtesy Booth. Thank you in advance and God bless.
VCCS GAMES OF THE WEEK
30. The VCCS Middle School Girls & Boys teams will play in HOME GAMES THIS TUESDAY vs. Carmel Christian. The Middle School Girls team will play at 4:00pm, followed by the Middle School boys’ game at 5:00pm.
31. The VCCS JV Boys, Varsity Girls & Varsity Boys teams will play in AWAY GAMES THIS TUESDAY vs. Carmel Christian. The JV Boys game will play at 4:30pm. The Varsity Girls will play at 6:00pm followed by the Varsity Boys at 7:30pm. For more information on these games including location and ticket costs please contact the school office at (704) 391-7339.
32. Show your support of VCCS wherever you are with our magnets! Display your Kings pride at work, on your car, at home or at school! The magnets are just $5 and can be purchased at the Courtesy Booth (cash or check only). Show your support for Christian education and help spread the word about VCCS!
SNBC LESSONS (Sunday Night Bible Class)
Classes are taught on Sunday Evenings at 7:00pm
(Nursery) Ages 6 weeks – 4 years – Dome
Ages 5-15 – VYB (Victory Youth Building)
Ages 16-18 – Dome Meeting Room
Adults (Ages 19 & Up) – Dome Sanctuary
Primary 1 5 years old Room 101 One out of Ten
Primary 2 6 years old Room 102 How Can I say thanks?
Primary 3 7 years old Room 110 What’s Wrapped Inside
Primary 4 8 years old Room 112 Thank you Lord!
Junior 1 9 years old Room 116 What Does Football Have to do with it?
Junior 2 10 years old Room 105 One out of Ten
Junior 3 11 years old Gym Thanks for A Kings Recovery
Youth 1 12 years old Gym Togetherness Is Healthy
Youth 2 13 years old Room 103-104 This is God’s Will
Youth 3 14 & 15 years old VYB Auditorium What Does Football Have to do with It?
Adults 19 & Up Dome Auditorium Read, Hear, and Keep for a Blessing Pt. 8