1. We are continuing the journey of establishing God’s Word in our hearts with our August Scriptures! This month’s scriptures are: Revelation 4:10-11, Ephesians 3:20-21. Just go to vccenter.net and click on the verse of the month image on our homepage.
2. College students who attended the session with Min. Chapman are asked to sign up at the Courtesy Booth TODAY if you’d like a free copy of a message recommended during the session (Pastor Gool-“Getting to Where God Wants You to Be.”)
3. The Premiers will meet TODAY IMMEDIATELY AFTER MORNING SERVICE in the meeting room of the Dome. This meeting is for all participants traveling Kentucky in September to see Noah's Ark.
4. VCC Maintenance Department is in need of assistance; male volunteers are needed to help move desks into classrooms. Volunteers are asked to meet at VCCS High School 1501 Carrier Drive on TOMORROW at 9am we would greatly appreciate it!
5. FUN NIGHT will be held THIS FRIDAY from 7-11pm for ages 9-18. Appropriate Attire is required.
6. We are excited! Super Saturday Staff and those interested in joining the ministry; there will be a very important meeting on TODAY from 6-7pm at the Victory Youth Building Room 112.
7. Ministry of Helps Class I will be held TODAY at 6:00pm in Rooms 103-104 of the Victory Youth Building. Please arrive on time for this class. New Members Classes must be completed before attending this class.
8. The VCCS Ice Cream Socials & Open House have been rescheduled for THIS Tuesday, August 22nd for (Preschool/Elementary, Middle School / High School.) (Preschool/ Elementary- 5:30pm-6:30pm & Middle/ High School 7:30-8:30pm).
9. VCC will host a Ladies Spiritual Reset on THIS Saturday from 9am to 12noon at Campus 3. Ladies Come away, take a break, calm down and be refreshed. There will be prayer, praise, worship, Word and just plain resting in the Lord. Bring a pillow and blanket if you like. Sign up at the Courtesy Booth to help us know how many we are expecting. There is no fee for this event.
10. Any young people 10-18 interested in helping with the LOV Reset scheduled for THIS SATURDAY, please meet with Mrs. Gool TODAY after service. Any ladies 19 and up who want to help, please sign up at the Courtesy Booth or email the church office. A meeting will be held TOMORROW at 7:30pm at Campus 3 (6916 Old Pineville Rd.)
11. Saturday Morning Corporate Prayer (prayer for the community/surrounding neighborhood) will be held THIS SATURDAY at 9:30am in the Victory Youth Building. (7224 Old Pineville Rd.).
12. Please Note Evening Service Times will change ON SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 3rd from 7:30pm to 7:00pm for the months of September- May (2018).
13. On Sunday, Sept. 10th Morris Chapman will be ministering in song at 7:30PM here at VCC. Please join us!
14. “Not A Problem” T-shirts for those that pre-ordered are available in the Wordshop.
ONGOING ANNOUNCEMENTS (UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED)
20. We are looking for additional volunteer drivers for our travel bus. All interested drivers must be members of VCC, have a valid CDL license and a DOT medical card. If interested, please sign up at the Courtesy Booth or call the Church Office.
21. It’s Family Reunion Time! We are excited to announce our new Family Reunion Committee here at VCC. We would like to extend a special welcome to our members and their families. If you would like to host a family reunion at our church facility, please contact Wanda Douglas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
22. Registration is in progress for the Fall Semester at More Than Conquerors College. Classes this fall include: Principles of Prayer, Praise & Worship, Financial Freedom from a Christian Viewpoint, Overcoming Grief, the Book of Acts and Healthy Living. Two-day course modules include Communicating Appreciation Effectively, Integrating Microsoft Office Applications, Conversational Spanish and How to Publish Your Book which will be held September 23rd &
November 18th. To register and receive more information including a complete course schedule, you can come by the college, call us at 704-679-9122 or log onto morethanconquerorscollege.org.
23. The Missions Department is accepting school supply donations. Donations can be dropped off at the Dome Food and Clothing Room before and after service or at the Missions Office weekdays between 9-5.
24. Items needed: book bags, 3 ring binders, 1 subject notebooks, wide ruled notebook paper, graph paper, folders with pockets, dividers, composition notebooks, #2 pencils, pens (blue or black), coloring markers, crayons, colored pencils, highlighters, pencil sharpeners, protractors, pocket dictionaries, boxes of Band Aids, liquid hand soap, hand sanitizer, boxes of tissue, Ziploc bags (gallon size) and paper towels.
25. Any members of VCC that are in need of school supplies for their children for the upcoming year, please sign-up at the Courtesy Booth or call the Missions Department at 704-529-5888.
26. The Missions Department is in need of frozen fruits and vegetables and canned meats. If you would like to donate please drop off items at the Missions office Monday –Friday (7200 Old Pineville Rd.) or at the Food and Clothing Room before and after services.
27. For those looking for employment or to change careers, the Missions Department will be hosting employment workshops for those looking to make themselves stand out in their job search. The workshop will be held SATURDAY September 9th from 10am to 12noon at Campus 3 (6916 Old Pineville Rd.) There will also be a session in October. (That date is TBD). Interested persons should call the Missions Department at 704-529-5888.
28. The Charlotte Center for Legal Advocacy is giving free attorney consultations for individuals looking to clean-up their criminal record on September 14. Registration is required as you must have an appointment. To register, call 704-971-2609 and speak to Natalie.
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES – VCC / OUTSIDE VENDOR
29. The Church in the City Women’s Shelter is now hiring for the following part-time position: 1 Evening Shift Chaperone
(6 pm - 12 midnight). Interested female candidates must be members of VCC. Please sign up at the Courtesy Booth after service.
30. Men are needed for the Saturday Clean-Up Crew. These positions are part-time, paid positions. Applicants will be required to work 3 – 4 hours every other Saturday. If interested, please sign up at the Courtesy Booth.
31. If your sons or daughters between the ages of 5-18 are interested in playing for the VCC Church Youth Basketball League, please sign up your child (children) at the Courtesy Booth starting TODAY.
32. SNBC News for Life is looking for new participants. The ministry is accepting script writers, producers, on site reporters and anchors for both teams (Team 1 ages 15-25 & Team 2 ages 26-36) if you are interested in joining this ministry please sign up at the Courtesy Booth.
33. VCC Members – those of you interested in learning about being involved in politics, please sign up at the Courtesy Booth for a potential information meeting.
34. The Children’s Choir is looking for skilled musicians ages 12-18. Musicians who can play drums, piano or individuals that can play stringed instruments are requested at this time. Children’s Choir rehearsals are every 2nd and 4th Saturday each month at 1:30pm. The children’s choir is requesting the parents of current participants update their contact information. If you are interested in your child participating as a musician, as part of the choir or need to update your contact information please sign up at the Courtesy Booth.
35. The Nursery Ministry is in need of help in the following areas: Lead Teachers, Registrars and Youth Workers. Adult workers must be available to work 1 Wednesday night, 1 Sunday morning and 1 Sunday night per month. Youth workers must be regular Bible class attendees. If interested, please sign up at the Courtesy Booth.
36. The VCC Evangelism Team is now accepting new participants. Help us share the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the surrounding communities! Interested participants will be trained for witnessing. If interested, please sign up at the Courtesy Booth.
37. VCC’s Youth Fun Night is in need of additional chaperones. We are looking for individuals who enjoy ministering to children/adolescents and who are able to commit to ONE FRIDAY NIGHT PER MONTH. Interested individuals should apply at the Courtesy Booth. Thank you in advance and God bless.
38. The Security Team is in need of additional volunteers to serve the needs of the ministry. Applicants must be members of VCC. If interested in joining the Security Team, please stop by the Courtesy Booth and fill out a Ministry of Helps application.
39. Show your support of VCCS wherever you are with our magnets! Display your Kings pride at work, on your car, at home or at school! The magnets are just $5 and can be purchased at the Courtesy Booth (cash or check only). Show your support for Christian education and help spread the word about VCCS!
40. VCCS is accepting applications for the 2017-2018 school year for the following positions: A Computer Science/IT Teacher. Please submit your résumé to the School Office via fax: 704-391-0494 or email: email@example.com: Attention: Mrs. Riley. VCCS is also accepting applications for the following coaching positions: Varsity Soccer and Varsity Baseball. If interested, please contact the Athletic Director (Marcus Dilligard) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SNBC LESSONS (Sunday Night Bible Class)
Classes are taught on Sunday Evenings at 7:00pm
(Nursery) Ages 6 weeks – 4 years – Dome
Ages 5-15 – VYB (Victory Youth Building)
Ages 16-18 – Dome Meeting Room
Adults (Ages 19 & Up) – Dome Sanctuary
Primary 1 5 years old Room 101 Friends
Primary 2 6 years old Room 102 A Floating Zoo
Primary 3 7 years old Room 110 Getting It Right
Primary 4 8 years old Room 112 A New Name
Junior 1 9 years old Room 116 What Was I thinking?
Junior 2 10 years old Room 105 The Eight Sons of Abraham
Junior 3 11 years old Gym Going Through Changes
Youth 1 12 years old Gym A Very Expensive Bowl of Food
Youth 2 13 years old Room 103-104 An Unsinkable Ship (cont’d)
Youth 3 14 & 15 years old VYB Auditorium What’s in the Name?
Adults 19 & Up Dome Auditorium Prophecy Update