1. We are continuing the journey of establishing God’s Word in our hearts with our January Scriptures! This month’s scripture is: Ephesians 2:4-6 & 10. Just go to vccenter.net and click on the verse of the month image on our homepage.
2. VCC Corporate Prayer Ministry List (from Special Corporate Prayer) is available at the Courtesy Booth for interested members. You can also have the list emailed to you by emailing the Church Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
HAT’S FOR THE HOMELESS
3. Let’s be Jesus’ hands and feet here in the Queen City. Help keep families-in-need warm during this chilly winter season.Sponsor a comfy, beanie hat for an individual in need during Mecklenburg County’s Point in Time Count initiative Wednesday evening, January 31st. Point in Time Count is an annual survey taken of the population experiencing homelessness in Mecklenburg County. Join us and sponsor a hat! They will be given out by our own VCC Evangelism Team, who will distribute the hats during the Point In Time Count event. Keep one head warm for just $7 each. “Sponsor a hat conveniently at the Courtesy Booth, online at vccenter.net, on the VCC Church APP OR by writing “Hats for the Homeless” on your envelope during our special offering.”
CANCELLATIONS / CLOSINGS
4. The VCC Church Offices will be closed on TOMORROW in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday.
5. Parents Pastor Gool will be MEETING TODAY with youth 12-18yrs at 5:30pm in the gym. Youth will be escorted to their bible classes (VYB and Dome) by chaperones after the meeting. Please make every effort to bring your youth out. We will see you there!
6. Fun Night will be held THIS FRIDAY for ages 9-18 from 7-11pm; appropriate attire is required.
7. Saturday Morning Corporate Prayer (prayer for the community/surrounding neighborhood) will be held THIS SATURDAY at 9:30am in the Victory Youth Building Game Room. (7224 Old Pineville Rd.).
8. Are you born again and want to obey your Lord and Savior in Water Baptism? In doing so you identify with His death, burial, and resurrection to eternal life. Water Baptism will be held SUNDAY, JANUARY 21ST AT 5:30PM in the Victory Youth Building. Please stop by the Courtesy Booth to sign up and receive an important information sheet.
9. VCC Members* – Your 2017 Contribution Statement will be available in the front lobby on the following dates: Last names A thru L Sunday, January 21 and Wed, January 24
Last names M thru Z Sunday, January 28 and Wed, January 31
After Jan. 31st all statements will continue to be available at the Courtesy Booth. (* Visitors statements will be mailed out on January 19th. * Statements for those giving a total of at least $200 in 2017 were printed).
10. Baby Dedication will be held SUNDAY JANUARY 28th during morning service (start time is 10:00am) Parents who are interested in participating please call (704)-602-6010. All interested participants must be members of VCC. Parents please register children for baby dedication by the MONDAY (Jan. 22nd) prior to the dedication.
11. Ministry of Helps Class 3 (FOR LADIES ONLY) will be held SUNDAY, JANUARY 28th at 5:30pm in the Dome (auditorium). Please arrive early to allow sufficient time to check-in. New Members Classes must be completed before attending this class.
12. Christians United for Israel’s (CUFI) next DC Summit will be on July 22-24, 2018. For those seriously considering going, brochures are available at the CB and hotel information is now available online. (ww.CUFI.ORG/SUMMIT). Those that attended last year and are planning to go this year, please stop by the CB for a special code for an additional discount. (Remember - if interested, also sign up at the CB to ride VCC’s travel bus which may include a trip to the Bible Museum on the day of return, the 24th).
13. South Africa Missions Trip 2018: Important Updates! The Air portion of the trip is due: January 31, 2018. The hotel balance is due: February 4, 2018. Please submit a copy of your passport if you have not done so. You may email it to email@example.com , drop it off at the courtesy booth or the missions office. As a reminder, your passport must be up to date valid for at least 6 months after departure date. If you are not a US Citizen, please contact the Missions Office as soon as possible. If you are no longer able to make the trip due to personal a conflict, please notify the Missions Office as soon as possible.
14. Lastly, if you have not completed the Missions Trip Participant forms, they are located at the courtesy booth. Please complete and return to the Mission’s office. If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact the Missions Office at 704-529-5888 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please notify missions if you registered for the trip and need to cancel.
15. We are looking for additional volunteer drivers for our travel bus. All interested drivers must be members of VCC, have a valid CDL license and a DOT medical card. If interested, please sign up at the Courtesy Booth or call the Church Office.
16. Registration for the spring semester is in progress at More Than Conquerors College (9335 Nations Ford Road in Charlotte). A new offering this spring is Revivalists & Pioneers of Faith. We are also offering two-day sessions for the following classes: Battle for Your Mind, Healthy Eats & Sweets, Healthy Living Part 2 and Missions & Outreach. The two-day sessions will be held on Saturday, February 10th and Saturday, March 24th. For a complete list of courses or to register for classes, go to morethanconquerorscollege.org or call 704-679-9122.
17. Our thrift store is closed. Going forward, please bring all clothing donations to the Missions Office during the week or to the Food Clothing Room in the front foyer before services. Clothes brought should be in excellent condition, cleaned, pressed and on hangers ready to be distributed. Earrings, socks and underwear must be new. Thank you in advance for abiding by these guidelines when bringing clothing items to our Missions Department.
18. The food and clothing ministry is accepting hats, gloves, and socks; especially for men. They are also accepting breakfast cereals and frozen fruits, vegetables, and meats. Canned meats are also being accepted.
19. The Missions Department’s Economic Empowerment Team is looking for volunteers with experience in employment training, developing people skills and human resources. If interested in serving on this team that will help people both in our church family and in the community, please sign up at the Courtesy Booth.
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES – OUTSIDE VENDOR
20. Men and women are needed for the Saturday Clean-Up Crew. These positions are part-time, paid positions. Applicants will be required to work 3 – 4 hours every other Saturday. If interested, please sign up at the Courtesy Booth.
21. Those interested in being a part of a new organization – ‘GIG’ (Getting Involved in Government) are asked to sign up at the Courtesy Booth.
22. Children’s Choir rehearsals are held every 2nd and 4th Saturday each month at 1:30pm. The Children’s Choir is requesting the parents of current participants update their contact information. Please leave your updated information at the Courtesy Booth.
23. The Nursery Ministry is in need of help in the following areas: Lead Teachers, Registrars and Youth Workers. Adult workers must be available to work 1 Wednesday night, 1 Sunday morning and 1 Sunday night per month. Youth workers must be regular Bible Class attendees. If interested, please sign up at the Courtesy Booth.
24. VCC’s Youth Fun Night is in need of additional chaperones. We are looking for individuals who enjoy ministering to children/adolescents and who are able to commit to ONE FRIDAY NIGHT PER MONTH. Interested individuals should apply at the Courtesy Booth.
VCCS GAMES OF THE WEEK
25. The VCCS Middle School Teams will play in HOME GAMES on THIS TUESDAY against KIPP Academy. The Middle School girls will play at 4:00pm followed by the Middle School boys at 5:15pm.
26. The VCCS JV & Varsity teams will play in AWAY games THIS TUESDAY vs. Sugar Creek Charter. The JV Boy’s Game starts at 4:00pm. The Varsity Girls’ game will start at 5:30 PM followed by the Varsity Boys’ game at 7:00 PM.
27. The VCCS Varsity teams will play in AWAY games THURSDAY vs. Statesville Christian. The Varsity Girls’ game will start at 5:30 PM followed by the Varsity Boys’ game at 7:00 PM.
28. The VCCS Middle School Teams will play in HOME GAMES on THIS FRIDAY vs. Hickory Christian. The Middle School girls will play at 4:00pm followed by the Middle School boys at 5:00pm.
29. The VCCS JV and Varsity teams will play in AWAY GAMES THIS FRIDAY vs. Hickory Christian. The JV Boys game is at 4:00pm; the Varsity Girls’ game will start at 5:30 PM followed by the Varsity Boys’ game at 7:00 PM.
30. Show your support of VCCS wherever you are with our magnets! Display your Kings pride at work, on your car, at home or at school! The magnets are just $5 and can be purchased at the Courtesy Booth (cash or check only). Show your support for Christian education and help spread the word about VCCS!
SNBC LESSONS (Sunday Night Bible Class)
Classes are taught on Sunday Evenings at 7:00pm
(Nursery) Ages 6 weeks – 4 years – Dome
Ages 5-15 – VYB (Victory Youth Building)
Ages 16-18 – Dome Meeting Room
Adults (Ages 19 & Up) – Dome Sanctuary
Primary 1 5 years old Room 101 Something Old Something New
Primary 2 6 years old Room 102 A Command and a Promise
Primary 3 7 years old Room 110 Don’t Fool Yourself
Primary 4 8 years old Room 112 Zoned NF
Junior 1 9 years old Room 116 What’s the Difference
Junior 2 10 years old Room 105 No Foolin’
Junior 3 11 years old Gym Good Thinking
Youth 1 12 years old Gym Good Thinking
Youth 2 13 years old Room 103-104 A Foolish Wise King
Youth 3 14 & 15 years old VYB Auditorium Like a Rock (cont’d)
Adults 19 & Up Dome Auditorium TBA